Junior Boxing Club
Our Junior club is open to young people of all abilities aged 11-16 years old.
Afewee is passionate about working young people. We believe champions should start from young in order to give them the best possible chance of developing on towards success. Over the last year or so, Afewee have prioritised the establishment of its Junior Club operations and we now offer three sessions per week.
We believe that for any young person to succeed, whether it be in sport or otherwise, they need a sense of respect, work ethic and commitment. Our boxing coaches pride themselves on providing a structured class for all to achieve, continuously measuring and praising progression. One way we do this is by operating a 3 tier assessment system; Non-contact, Semi-contact and Full-contact awards to give all young people incentive, structure and something to work towards.
What to expect
- Aims & structure of session
- Warm up & Stretching (Skipping, running, sprints, team games)
- Shadow Boxing
- Technical work
- Sparring (For those who show capabilities)
- Bag work
- Circuit training
- Stretch down
- Class feedback & announcements
What to bring
- Boxing gloves (Also provided but ideal to have your own)
- Hand wraps (Sold at club for £5)
- Gum-shields (Sold at club for £5)
- Appropriate attire (Shorts/jogging bottoms, t-shirt & comfortable trainers)
Days & Times
- Sundays 11am – 12:30pm
- Tuesdays 5:30 pm – 7 pm
- Thursdays 5:30 pm – 7 pm
£2 per class or £5 for the week